Text below taken from the "Nomination to the National Register" 2000 by L. Mausolf for Hollis Town Center
"68. Former Center School, 55 Broad Street, 1794. Contributing building?
Setback from the road, this former schoolhouse/telephone office was moved to its present site in 1976. The 1 1/2-story, clapboarded building is set with its three-bay wide pediment end to the street. The building is capped by a standing seam metal roof with a rear brick chimney. The center entrance contains a plank door with an arched arbor. There is a 2/2 window on either side. The attic window contains six lights in the upper sash over a lower vent. There is a porch on the east elevation and at the rear, a single-story wing and an attached two-car garage.
This building originally stood near the present Town Hall and was constructed as the Center School. It was used for school purposes until the construction of the High School building in 1877. It was Noah Lovejoy moved the building to Broad Street. In 1879 Clarence Hildreth moved it across the street for use as a printing office. The Hollis Times was published in the building for many years. The building was later used as the Telephone Office until 1957 when the dial system was introduced. It has also served as the headquarters of the Hollis Police Department. In 1976 the well-traveled building was bought by Arthur Veiga and moved to 55 Broad Street where it was renovated for use as a residence.
68A. Barn, c.1976. Noncontributing building (due to age).
To the east of the house is a clapboarded building resting on a concrete foundation. A set of double doors face the house. Additional fenestration includes 12/12 sash.
68B. Sheep Barn, c.1976. Noncontributing building (due to age).
To the east of the other barn is a small sheep barn sheathed in board-and-batten siding. The west-facing door is capped by a hayloft with cap. A ventilator is centered on the roof. "